Metabolic Typing® -
Products & Services
Since 1987, Healthexcel has designed highly individualized Metabolic Typing®
programs for health professionals and their patients.
Healthexcel offers three entry points into the world of Metabolic Typing®
- " The Metabolic Typing Diet, " published by Doubleday, January 2000, 420
pages, available in
bookstores everywhere and
For the first time the complete philosophy of
Metabolic Typing® is revealed to the public. The book also contains a Metabolic Typing® self-test
that allows the reader to identify his or her general Metabolic Type® category
and follow the appropriate Metabolic Type® dietary recommendations as well as
additional self-tests to further customize the diet. For more information about
" The Metabolic Typing Diet, " see
- Available to the general public. Comprised of a computer-based questionnaire analysis that reveals the Autonomic and Oxidative Types as well as the Dominant System and makes basic recommendations. This program is a step above the complexity offered in the book and is for those who for some reason do not wish to consult with a Metabolic Typing® professional.
View the Intermediate program at Metabolic Typijng Online
- Available only through a Healthexcel certified Metabolic Typing® Advisor and includes consulting. Comprised of a more extensive computer-based questionnaire analysis that reveals your Autonomic, Oxidative, Endocrine and Blood Type as well as your Dominant System (AUTONOMIC - Sympathetic, Balanced, Parasympathetic, or OXIDATIVE - Fast Oxidation, Mixed Oxidation, Slow Oxidation). This highly individualized program goes far beyond the Basic and Intermediate Programs, providing a 20 page report and 10 page diet plan for the Metabolic Type® , as well as extensive lifestyle information specific to success with the program. It is designed to be a "metabolic balancing program."
View the Advanced online data entry form
(Requires a Certified Metabolic Typing Advisor)
Available only through a Certified Healthexcel Metabolic Typing Advisor. Requires consultation sessions and guidance by a Certified Metabolic Typing Advisor. Comprised of an internet-based, computer-analyzed questionnaire that
reveals the status of 4 Fundamental Homeostatic Control Systems and Dominant System:
- Autonomic Type (Sympathetic, Balanced, Parasympathetic)
- Oxidative Type (Fast Oxidation, Mixed Oxidation, Slow Oxidation)
- Endocrine Type (Pituitary, Adrenal, Thyroid, Gonadal)
- Blood Type in relation to food allergies and lectins (A1, A2, AB, B, O)
- Dominant System (Autonomic or Oxidative)
The Advanced Program provides:
- Extensive explanation of how to work with the MT diet, including How To Eat Using The Food List and Fine-Tuning Macronutrient Ratios
- Extensive and highly specific Metabolic Type® diet recommendations
- 300 item food list as per the Metabolic Type®
- Explanations of food groups relative to the Metabolic Type®
- Specific dietary do's and don'ts for the Metabolic Type®
- Metabolic Type® menu plans and recipes
- Guidelines and Recommendations for
- Shopping For Food
- Proper Food Selection
- Proper Food Preparation
- Cooking Guidelines
- Cooking Grains
- Cooking With Fats and Oils
- Critical information and education regarding customizing macronutrient ratios to each meal and snack, using proprietary
- Diet Check Records
- Diet Symptom Journals
- Specific Metabolic Type® supplement recommendations
- Evaluation of critically significant Blocking Factors for removal
- Evaluation of Toxic Load lifestyle factors for removal
- Evaluation of teeth and meridian connection to organs
- Recommendations of specific methods to optimize program results
- Extensive supportive educational and practical information for achieving
desired results, such as
- Heavy Metals - review of all known sources and adverse symptoms
- Understanding the Importance of Digestion
- Candida albicans self-assessment
- Dealing with Expected Reactions
- Self-administered Pulse Test for food reactions
- How To Succeed With A Metabolic Typing Program
- FAQ's - Frequently Asked Questions
- Recommended Healthy Product Resources
- On-going support beyond initial follow-up is available.
- Computer analyzed simple-to-complete 150 question survey.
- Evaluation of:
- Autonomic Type
- Oxidative Type
- Endocrine Type
- ABO Blood Type
- Lifestyle Factors
- Candida albicans overgrowth screening results
- Periodic re-evaluations to check progress and adjust programs if necessary.
- A written report about your Metabolic Type® .
- An Eating Plan correct for your Metabolic Type® :
- 300 foods conveniently listed on one sheet of paper.
- Color-coded for easy usage – Green for "Ideal"
foods, bold for "Neutral" foods, italics for "Caution" foods, and
red for "Avoid" foods.
- Essential (minimal) and Optimal (maximum) Nutritional Supplement Programs customized for your Metabolic Type® .
- Instructions for determination and fine-tuning of macronutrient
ratios (protein, fat, carbohydrate).
- MT Guide — A detailed practical guide for following your Metabolic Type® program.
- Lifestyle recommendations.